Monday, September 14, 2015

Being without a companion is a cross

Today is the Feast of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross. I have a cross to bear, which is singlehood. It is not fun, especially in these dark times. It seems like that I am not allowed to introduce myself to a young woman, even if she appears to be single. Often times I am uncertain. Sometimes they might look at me as "too old", even at church. 

With the new streamlined annulment process which now allows for pretty much any escape route, plus the Synod Against the Family, we are all in trouble. I am most especially in trouble because I have no one, and can be taken advantaged of. It actually doesn't help when I go to a parish church where most of the young women my age are already married with more than one child.

If a young woman enters church with other family members, then they will not even speak to me if I say "hello" after Mass. It also doesn't help that I have to travel miles away from home just to fulfill my Sunday obligation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment