Saturday, October 18, 2014

Synod a circus; Cardinal Burke confirms he's been ousted

His Eminence, Raymond Cardinal Burke, confirms that he has been ousted from his position at the Apostolic Signatura, and says that the Synod was "designed to change Church's teaching..." and that Pope Francis has "done a lot of harm" to the Church (Rorate Caeli). 

The whole synod has been a three-ring circus, with nobody on the same page and the Cardinal who wants to give Holy Communion to everyone making racist remarks. 

For me and all other faithful Catholics who wish to marry in the Catholic Church, it is going to get worse. The evidence is clear: most baptized Catholics (especially ones my age) do not care about the Church. Neither do the Synod Fathers. 

Where I live options for attending a True Mass are scarce, thanks to weak episcopal leadership. You can't even receive confirmation from a resident bishop. 

It doesn't get any more obvious than this: Pope Francis doesn't care about the Church Militant. If and when the discipline on who can receive Holy Communion does change at even the diocesan level and if the parish priest agrees with such provisions, then I won't go to that church. 

I am lucky to be served by a diocesan priest who actually gets it, and his parish is in jeopardy of closing. Even though I (currently) don't attend Mass at an SSPX chapel, people putting-down people who do are part of the problem, not the solution. I understand and acknowledge the work of Archbishop Lefebvre was necessary at the time in order to save the Catholic priesthood. (I don't favor any particular religious order over another, as long as they hold to Catholic Tradition.)

Now to the marriage issue. In retrospect, I believe I had a better chance at finding a Catholic girlfriend during the reign of Benedict XVI. Nobody can figure out why he actually resigned nor if he was forced out by the bogeyman. Unless a miracle happens, I'm still Christendom's most eligible bachelor for a while.