Sunday, April 21, 2013

Boston strong

With all the trauma over the past week, I had several headaches this weekend and could not make it to Mass today. But I was watching the pre-game ceremony before yesterday's Red Sox game honoring the first responders who captured the living terrorist who murdered three lives on Monday and another on Thursday night (an MIT Police officer). 


Like the people at Fenway above, I was watching the crowd sing the National Anthem. I had my hand over my heart. I was crying. I was proud to be an American. 

But unfortunately, even with the Governor and police commissioner present, half the people did not put their hands on their hearts. While it is an emotional time, if these people are American citizens, please put your hand over your heart for the love of God. 

Below this blog's banner, I have a "God Bless America" banner that I made with several women with saluting the Flag. I made this because I think it's really important to show that the United States is a nation under God, and that placing your right hand over your heart for the Anthem, Pledge, Taps, moments of silence, and at the flagpole means that you love God and your country; God comes from your heart. Also, you should place your hand over your heart for other patriotic songs such as "God Bless America", "My Country 'Tis of Thee", "America the Beautiful", etc. 

I hope that I find a girlfriend who will take the previous paragraph to heart. I hope she is from Boston!

No comments:

Post a Comment