Phase One of the Disciples in Mission program has been announced, and here are your new parishes:
- St. Luke's and St. Joseph's in Belmont
- St. Mary, St. Margaret, and St. John's in Beverly
- St. Mary, St. Theresa (TLM), and St. Andrew's in Billerica
- St. Mary of the Angels in Roxbury, and St. Thomas Aquinas and Our Lady of Lourdes in Jamaica Plain
- St. Mary's and Sacred Heart in Lynn
- Our Lady of the Assumption and St. Maria Goretti in Lynnfield
- St. Lucy and St. Monica's (TLM) in Methuen
- Sacred Heart in Middleborough (covers Rochester) and Ss. Martha & Mary, Lakeville
- Sacred Heart and Our Lady Help of Christians (openly gay parish) in Newton
- St. James, St. John, Immaculate Conception, and St. Anne's in Salem
- St. Jerome and Immaculate Conception in Weymouth
St. Mary of the Assumption in Brookline
This is an interesting choice, since it an historic church with a high altar and the original pulpit, but they took down the altar rail and some pews to build a Novus Ordo sanctuary. I believe Maginnis & Walsh designed the high altar. (Click here to see a picture from the parish website.)
According to the statistics provided by the Pastoral Planning office, St. Mary's in Brookline had 76 baptisms, 42 First Novus Ordo Cookie recipients, 30 "Religious Ed. graduations", 22 marriages (which 11 will end up in divorce), and 62 "celebrations of life" in 2012. The average Mass attendance between 5 services was 1159.
Now, as you can see above, two parishes that offer the Traditional Latin Mass will be gone. There will be only three left by summertime.
Reason #2,300,400 to petition the Holy Father to remove Cardinal Sean and replace him with a traditionalist archbishop.