Saturday, July 14, 2012

Loyalty oaths needed for Catholic teachers

CCD Teachers: Please recite the Pledge of Allegiance
before class starts. Thank you.
In the Diocese of Arlington, Virginia, several Catholic schoolteachers and CCD teachers have resigned from their positions after refusing to sign loyaty oaths to the Magisterium as directed by Bishop Paul Lovedre this past spring. (Article from The Washington Post)

However, I do not believe that any dioceses in New England require a loyalty oath to teach in a Catholic setting, but I believe everyone should. I learned nothing in CCD like everyone else.

Below is a link to the Tridentine Creed and the Oath Against Modernism recited by me (and also please include the Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag before CCD class as well): WATCH HERE.

I don't believe my CCD teachers every recited such oath since they hardly knew anything about the One True Faith anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment