Monday, January 16, 2012

2nd Sunday after Epiphany: Marriage at Cana


Yesterday, the Gospel at Mass was that of the Wedding Feast at Cana, where Jesus turned water into wine. Usually, on this Sunday, the sermon is about the Sacrament of Marriage, not necessarily that about the miracle (but the sermon at my parish was about the miracle).

Will this be my wife?
A Catholic architect?
This brings up a very important fact, that I have not found my Catholic Date as requested two posts ago, and the poetic requirements in the previous one. (Those viewing on the Home page will see both posts for the next four posts.) Things are getting serious since I'm aging pretty quick and I don't want any girls to be old maids. So please pray the Rosary so that I obtain my date pretty soon, by St. Valentine's Day at the very latest.


To end, I'm reposting the link to this sermon by Fr. Daniel Cooper, SSPX, given on the 2nd Sunday after Epiphany a few years ago, which states the requirements for marriage in the Roman Catholic Church: watch here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment