Friday, December 3, 2010

You must wait for Christmastide

Christmas season does not start on Thanksgiving. It does not start December 1st. It does not start when you feel like it. It begins on December 25th and ends on February 2nd (Candlemas).

I do not understand why people start now, today, when it is Advent, where you have to wait for Jesus to be born? Does anyone the true meaning of Christmas? Can't anyone stop shopping?

I have to wait for my future wife to come, but I have been reciting St. Andrew's Christmas Novena 15 times before I go to bed everynight. Legend has it that if you started to recite the following prayer 15 times per day, at anytime, from this past Tuesday (Nov. 30th-St. Andrew) and continue until Christmas Eve, you will receive your petitions on Christmas Day:

O Hail and blessed be the hour and moment in which the Son of God was born of the most pure Virgin Mary, at midnight, in Bethlehem, in piercing cold. In that hour, vouchsafe, O my God! To hear my prayer and grant my desires, through the merits of Our Saviour Jesus Christ, and of His Blessed Mother. Amen.

[Imprimatur: + Michael Augustine, Archbishop of New York, Feb. 6, 1897]

I have been asking for my future wife, a job, land to build my home, and living expenses. Please join me starting now, and help me get what I deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment