Sunday, August 29, 2010

Oath Against Modernism: 100th Annversary edition


On September 1, 1910, Pope Pius X issued the Oath Against Modernism, a pledge that must be made by all (clergy and laity) who work in capacities within the Church.  I swore the oath (in English) commemorating the 100th anniversary. [Video will be on Youtube later this week.]

I believe that every Catholic should take this oath. It defines the orthodox faith and morals. Unfortunately, some clergy and religious breach their vows of poverty, chasity, and obedience privately. This is sinful. This is why there was a Sex Abuse Scandal. That was the topic of the sermon at mass today.

I do want you to take me to mass next Sunday. Let me know by Wednesday.


You must email an accurate picture in order to be considered.
Thanks, and God bless!



No comments:

Post a Comment