On the fifth anniversary of the Boston Marathon Bombings, I am very saddened to say, as a lifelong Massachusetts resident, that the Commonwealth is much worse off than it was five years ago.
Five years ago, the four Boston Marathon Martyrs (who were Catholic) who shed their blood for God and country were denied Requiem Masses by His Eminence, Sean Cardinal O'Malley, Archbishop of Boston. Today this fact hasn't changed, while the Archdiocese (along with most other U.S. Catholic dioceses) shill for illegal immigrants and Muslims.
As far as the Commonwealth is concerned, it seems like American Patriotism (which should be practiced by 1776% of residents from the place where America was born) died-out after the Red Sox won the 2013 World Series (due to the terrorist attack). In the 2016 Presidential Election, roughly 2/3 of Massachusetts voters pulled the lever for treason, while your's truly cast our ballots for allegiance. Ever since, our supposed-Republican Governor "Chicken" Charlie Baker is no chicken when it comes to slandering President Trump. Here are some prime examples:
- Endorsing Chris Christie in the primaries, who like him, is pro-choice, pro-LGBT, and a big-government statist;
- Bragging about leaving the Presidential Ballot blank
- Signing the Bathroom Bill which allows men in the ladies room, which was spearheaded by Attorney General Maura Healey, telling old ladies if they "had a problem, HOLD IT." (The Cardinal reportedly supports this as well...)
- Denouncing President Trump's Travel Ban from a few Muslim-majority countries while Christians and other minorities from those countries were banned as well;
- Loves to grab guns from law-abiding citizens
- Signed bill to mandate ALL employers and taxpayers to pay for birth control;
- Lets cities and towns decide if they want to enforce Federal immigration laws;
- Allows able-bodied persons to sit down and/or put their hands on their crotch during the National Anthem;
- Promotes "climate change" propaganda
- Lets the State Police Scandal get out of control
- Will not dramatically cut the state budget, which will be about $41 billion for FY'19;
- Snubs Vice President Mike Pence when he visited Boston for a GOP fundraiser on April 10, 2018;
- and last but not least, on Friday the 13th of April, 2018, signs "Criminal Justice Reform" bill that decriminalizes drug dealing, shoplifting, assault and battery, raises the age of reason from 7 to 12, and everything that pleases career criminals, all on the day after a Yarmouth Police Officer was assassinated while delivering a search warrant for a thug with a rap sheet so long that any sane state would have him behind bars for good.
I am not pleased to be a Patriotic American in the Commonwealth right now. The only thing I can guarantee is that Charlie Baker will not be the Governor next year. He'll be taking the Lone Walk on January 3, 2019. It will be very likely an uber-liberal Democrat will be our next chief executive.
The only hope is that Evangelical Pastor Scott Lively gets his 15% at the MassGOP convention at the DCU Center in Worcester on Saturday, April 28th, to force a primary in September.
Otherwise, I'll be writing-in a friend of mine, a young, pro-life and pro family woman who teaches severe special needs kids and is the head of a Catholic young adult group.